What Is Your Morning Routine? (Assignment 1)

Hi guys long time see,...
I'm come back after about one month ago. Before I start the topic, I say thank you to everyone who read or just only to review the topic. for this opportunity I would like to show you about article about morning activities it could be you do everyday.

the article is 

What is your morning routine?


John Zeratsky · Author, Designer

Most mornings, I wake up around 6:30am—a little earlier in the summer, a little later in the winter (I live in Wisconsin, where the sun rises at 5:00am in June and at 7:00am in December).
I sit up in bed and grab my glasses and watch from the nightstand. I have a sip of water, say good morning to my wife, Michelle, and then walk into the kitchen. I start coffee and feed the cats. One cat eats faster than the other, so I have to monitor them during breakfast. By the time they are done, the coffee is ready, so I pour myself a cup and go look out the window for a minute.
So far, about twenty minutes into my day, I haven’t looked at a phone, computer, or other screen. We charge our devices inside a cabinet in the dining room, so they are out of sight and mostly out of mind. The physical barrier forces a deliberate decision about when to take that first look, and I’ve configured my devices to make them as distraction-free as possible. Normally I’ll check my phone first, turning on the screen without unlocking it to see if I missed an important text or call overnight. Then I’ll grab my computer and sit down at the dining room table with my coffee.
I like to start my day with a meaningful chunk of work. It might be writing an article or working on a presentation. It could be some design work or web development for Make Time or one of my other projects. Occasionally, it’s not on the computer but maybe a project around the apartment or even some reading. This is my daily “Highlight” that I describe in Make Time.
I view the first few hours of the day as “free,” unclaimed time. If I don’t use it deliberately, I’ll squander it on email or Twitter or the news or some other mindless timesuck that doesn’t make me feel good. Plus, I’ve learned that my focus is better in the morning than it is later in the day; I want to make good use of that time.
After an hour or two, I eat breakfast, drink a second cup of coffee, jump in the shower, and get dressed—not always in that order. By 10:00am I’m ready to head to the office, continue working at home, or have a meeting—although I normally save meetings for the afternoon.

Difficult Words
  1.    Nightstand, It’s mean a small table which is kept at the side of a bed. 
  2. A sip of water, it’s mean that you get a water or also the word to drink, taking only a very small amount at a time
  3.  Inside a cabinet the inner part, space or side of something Did you clean the inside of the car?
  4.   Deliberate decisio. Deliberate (often of something bad) intentional or planned, a deliberate attack/insult/lie. We made a deliberate decision to live apart for a while. Decision a choice that you make about something after thinking about several possibilitie
  5. Chunk, a roughly cut piece
  6.  Make time, It’s mean that you make a time and plan a time
  7. Daily Highlight, to attract attention to or emphasize something important
  8.  Squander, to spend or use money or supplies in a wasteful way
  9.  Mindless time suck, it’s mean that you brain have a deeper minded
  10. Jump in the shower it’s mean that you want go to the bath to take a shower


  1. How many times the writers not looked at his phone? Jump in the shower.
  2. What does jump in the refers to?
  3. What time the writers woke up?
  4. What the writers do when he woke up?
  5. What the writers do after feeding the cat?


Answer:
  1. in the morning the writer doesn't touch the phone about 20 minutes
  2. jump in the shower meat that the writer take a shower
  3. the writer woke up at 6.30 am
  4. The writer sits up in bed and grabs his glasses and watches from the nightstand. 
  5. The writer pours himself a cup and goes look out the window for a minute.

thanks for read, cheerio 


Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Report text "Pufferfish"

Reading for academic purposes "Text 11 Teaching for Character and Community"

Text 12 STICKS AND STONES